SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fausonk

I'm the next Flyleft

fausonk
16 years ago

Poor flyleft and the problems with the in-floor heating not working. Now it is my turn. Same thing. We have two mats (in our kitchen actually, the ones in the bathrooms work fine). One of them, the small one, works fine, but the large one (35 feet) doesn't work. We turned the system on, and it read "GFCI Trip" on the thermostat and the problem is in the big one.

Biggest problem, this is a large mat set in self-leveling compound, with a beautiful mahogany floor already laid over the top! My kitchen cabinets were supposed to go in today and we had to postpone it so they could rip up the floor. I just want to cry (did I mention I'm having a baby, our third, in two weeks???).

Question-- would trying to find a fault finder be of any help when you have a big mat embedded in self-leveling compound? Seems that the process of chipping up the SLC would potentially damage surrounding wires, just creating a bigger problem. Is our only chance to rip out the flooring, the SLC, the mats, and start all over????

K

Comments (13)