SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brianmw

Dad died

brianmw
14 years ago

I'm 17 years old. When I was 13 my parents divorced. My dad moved to Almaty, Kazakhstan and the last time I saw him I had just turned 16...a bit over a year now. Yesterday the American Embassy in Kazakhstan informed my mother that he had died in the night due to a gas leak in his apartment.

I had been planning a trip to go visit him this summer, and had only just recently gotten my passport. The other day I sent him a scan of the passport so he could get everything worked out for me to visit him, and now I won't get the chance..

I don't know what to do, I've never experienced death in the family,and to lose someone who I was so close to is really hard to deal with. I really liked my dad, we e-mailed often and when I was younger we were hardly seperable. And being able to go visit him was something I was really looking forward to.

I feel like i'm the only one in my immediate family who cares. My mom was really mad at him for the reason they divorced, and my sister doesn't like him because she just does whtever my mom does. My mom teared up, but only when she was saying how she didn't know what to say to me.

I feel depressed and have had thoughts of suicide, my dad meant the world to me. He was the only family member I really got along with. And his support helped me get through many hard times.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES