SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

Closing escrow in a week and still waiting. (Rant alert)

golddust
10 years ago

Talking about the duplex in escrow. The seller keeps going on vacations to remote areas where she is out of network. It's driving me crazy as we are waiting on her response to a few issues.

First, the appraisal came in $2,200. under the selling price. Not too surprising since real estate is just now starting to pick up. There are very few comps because like duplexes in our historical, gold rush town are few and far between. Currently there is another duplex (smaller, not as desirable of a neighborhood but newer) in escrow but has not yet closed so can't be used as a comp. It sold for $10K more than ours. I wish the buyers luck with finding comps. Wondering if our appraisal will bring theirs down.

We have asked the seller to reduce the price to reflect the appraisal but no word from her. She needs to strap the hot water heaters with one more strap. She is likely going to refuse to repair the oven in one of the kitchen stoves. That is fine. I have a preference for who works on it.

But here we are a week from closing and we are having a hard time keeping the seller in town long enough to complete the transaction. Hopefully today we will hear something. We were supposed to hear Friday.

We need escrow to close on time because we are going to the cabin on the lake three days after escrow closes. It will be a pain if it closes late.

Meanwhile, we decided to see if we can refinance our own home since we have done jack flips to get a mortgage for the duplex so may as well use the paperwork to lower our interest. We will find out about our house today.

Can't wait until its all over. I find all of this kind if thing stressful.

Comments (3)