SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

6 Weeks of Fitness, Week 4 (Cycle II)

anele_gw
9 years ago

I thought we were starting Week 3 . . .time is flying!

Some of us are in Week 4, and some in Week 10 (if you joined in last time). Maybe you're in a completely different week! Wherever you are, the most important part is that you are showing up!

One thing I am reading/hearing from various places (DVDs, books, online) is that one should have a goal, end date, reward, etc. within a given period of time. Do any of you do this? I have a goal for what I am going to do (how many times I'll exercise and how) but not how I want to look, or how I'll reward myself once I've completed a challenge.

At this point, I am doing OK in the motivation department for a few reasons:

(1) Exercise time is when I get to be completely alone with my mind focused. I find that I need this-- a way to start the day for me, before everyone here is talking to me at the same time (like they are right now!!!).

(2) I feel refreshed and relaxed after I exercise. I don't have more energy, but only because I am still going to bed way too late.

(3) My clothes are fitting a little better. That helps mentally, too.

Now, what I see I need to change is my weights. I feel like I am not any stronger when I carry things, so I definitely need to up my weights. Hopefully the kettlebell will help in this department . . .

Link below is something I found re: motivation.

How are YOU?

Here is a link that might be useful: 31 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Exercise

Comments (10)