SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moosemac_gw

Farmer's Market - Maine Shrimp, Quark and more.....

moosemac
15 years ago

Yesterday I went to the monthly winter farmerÂs market. IÂm in heaven! I bought 10 lbs. of fresh gulf of Maine shrimp, organic quark with dill and garlic, organic eggs and mixed salad greens. It took me 2 hours to steam and shell the shrimp. The yield was just under 3 lbs. of delicate sweet shrimp. Yum! I froze some for later and weÂve been munching on the remainder. The quark was a new purchase for me and it was a hit! The tanginess of the cheese was perfectly set off by the garlic and dill. It was creamy and spread easily on crackers. DH and I enjoyed our afternoon with our goodies and a glass of wine. The greens made a fresh light salad when paired with the shrimp and was a nice break from our winter diet of home canned, frozen and root vegetables, bread and meats/chicken. The organic eggs were filled with golden yokes, nice and buttery. We have a regular source for eggs but our neighborÂs chickens are in their winter mode and production has not kept up so I broke down and bought them at the market. They were a lot more expensive but we love organic eggs soÂ..

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH