SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

I'm getting a new stove!! Delivery imminent!

Lars
16 years ago

I feel a bit like Hyacinth Bucket. We watched Keeping Up Appearances last night, and the episode was the one in which she receives a new suite for her living room. My delivery truck won't have royal emblems on it (In fact, it will say "SEARS"), but I'm happy just the same. I'm getting a Frigidaire Model #FGF368GM, which is low end but will be a big improvement over what I have now. I posted a link to Best Buy, which is where I tried to buy it first today, but they discontinued that model. I thought about trying to buy in on line, but I couldn't get enough information from the on line stores about delivery, installation (which I could handle myself, but still...), removal of old stove (mine will be junked), and so it seemed more practical to go to Sears. Their price was just $10 higher than Best Buy, but they have it in stock and BB doesn't.

Just got a call from Petaloid and then another from Jimmy & Maartje. Good thing I had my cell phone turned on - I actually left it on by mistake. Anyway, my train of thought was broken.

Back to the stove - I like the placement of the burners - the 14,000 BTU burner is exactly where I want it, as it the simmer burner. I'm a bit disappointed about the oven because supposedly it will only get to 500°, and I was hoping for 600°, for pizza, but the only ovens that got that hot cost quite a bit more. Maybe in a few years I will be ready for that, but this should hold me over in the meantime.

Lars

Comments (57)