SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mawheel

I'm Getting Too Old For This, But. . .

mawheel
15 years ago

I'm glad I was able to do it. We have 4 48" florescent bulbs in our kitchen, 2 in the master closet and 2 in the bathtub/toilet area of our master bath. Last week, the ones in the kitchen stopped lighting, followed yesterday by the other sets. Since they've lasted almost 15 years, we sure can't complain, but it was quite a struggle/hassle to get the old ones removed and new ones installed.

Note to Robbin: after reading your journal, I realize I'm a wimp, but this was a big deal for me. :>)

Getting the step ladder in place in the small bathtub room was tricky. Then, I had to figure how to remove the clear, hard plastic cover, not easy. Next, the first of many trips up and down the step ladder to the garage to throw the circuit breaker for that area. Back to the ladder and remove the bulbs--that was the easiest part. Since the bath and closet area are windowless, once the power was cut, there was little light coming from the bedroom, so, I'm trying to *feel* where the little pins insert into the slot. Of course, my reach isn't long enough to do both ends without moving the ladder. At this point, I called DH to get the big flashlight. (I know, I should have done that first, but I really wanted to do this job by myself.)

Guess what? I managed to do it! At least, I got the lights in the bathroom and closet installed and working, too. The kitchen set is going to wait for another day, as we have other lighting over the sink, stove, and table and windlows and I'm tired.

If the new lights last even ten years, you can bet I won't be the one to remove/replace them. Heck, I may not even be here in ten years!

Note to Robbin: after reading your journal, I know I'm a wimp, but this was a big deal for me.! :>)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions