SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak2008

New to contacts, much harder than thought.

debrak2008
9 years ago

I went for my eye exam today. Instead of new glasses just for close up, computer, reading, anything close up I asked to try contacts. So they put me in what is called contact bootcamp. Over a period of days/weeks I will try different contacts to see which one will work the best.

Well, I could not even get the contacts in or out myself. The optician said they will not let me go home with contacts until I can easily get them in and out. She said one person had to come in for nine sessions before finally learning how to do it.

I am super stressed after one. Several people asked me if this was my first time. Like it was a surprise that a 48 year old would be now getting contacts. I just got reading glasses a few years ago! I would really just like to get Lasik surgery but can't afford it right now.

I really hate wearing glasses. I hate the way they look. I have to keep taking them on and off to function. They get lost and very dirty. They also bother me when I wear my headset at work.

Did you start contacts at an "older" age? Did it take you a while to get the hang of it?

This post was edited by debrak2008 on Thu, May 29, 14 at 20:33

Comments (35)