SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristenfl

Grout Haze and I Think It's Called 'Slumpage?'

kristenfl
17 years ago

Well,our tile floors are done, but our gray grout is white in many places. It is also below the top of the tiles in many places. I've done some research, and realize that they used too much water to clean it. We now have grout haze and not enough grout.

The installer said he will come back and regrout the entire floor along with replacing a few tiles he put down in the wrong direction. I'm not looking forward to another big job. Will be be able to do it without ruining our floor?

I also feel the 1/16 cracks alot when I walk. There are many places where the tile is slightly higher, but it certainly bothers bare feet. Will it help when he regrouts? I so wanted this to be perfect. I bought great tile and was told that the installer is their best. He was very nice, but certainly not perfect.

We have Imola Micron unglazed porcelein. It's going to look great after he fixes the grout. I hope it also helps the feeling on my feet.

I find myself doing the "don't step on a crack" thing because the tile itself is so smooth.

Any advice on this matter would be appreciated!

Kristen

Comments (2)