SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_943945325

Removing grout haze and excess grout sealant on porcelain tile.

We recently had our master bathroom remodeled and had porcelain tile installed, matte finish on the floor and polished finish on the wall. I noticed some areas that looked like smudges when viewed at an angle. No textural difference or dirt. I was told this was grout haze. The contractor sent a guy out to remove it, and also seal grout. Well, after he left I went and took another look a couple hours later while the sun light was coming into the bathroom. Not only is the hazing still there, it looks like we now have invisible shoe prints (that can be seen when viewed from an angle) as well as some dirt smudging. I believe this is from the contractor's guy spraying the grout sealant and then walking on it. I was wondering if there are any recommendations for products to remove both the grout haze and the sealant that was tracked all over the floor tile. Or if there is a method for cleaning as well as a product. We spent good money on this remodel and I would like it to look new while it is new. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Comments (3)