SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snookums_gw

Bombay kids loft bed?

snookums
17 years ago

Hi,

I've been looking for a loft bed for my son as his bedroom is VERY small and on a rather impulse purchase I purchased the Bombay Kids Travis loft bed - the price of $509 at 40% off was way too good to pass up. The desk is HUGE and will be so perfect for him as he grows, and will replace the two smaller desks (one for computer, one for homework) in his room and gain a bit of floor space. We were going to go the Ikea route (they have several loft beds) until we found this.

Now that I've purchased it, I wanted to ask about Bombay Kids furniture quality? Backwards I know, but like I said, total impulse purchase, literally while passing by the store. The price is great, but I don't want it to fall down or anything...

Also, will it hold my 250 lb husband? Thought I'd ask before he climbs up there and breaks it... I can't find anywhere on the site about weight limits and the gals at the store didn't know. Don't want to find out the hard way.

Also, now that I'm home I'm wondering what I've done - how will I tuck him in? See him sleep? Where will he and his friends sit? Can anyone whose kids have loft or bunk beds chime in on this? He's 10, btw. (No, there's no room for a full or queen in his room... Extra long twin yes, but that still leaves him with a tiny desk unless I could find one in a loft form, which I can't)

Thanks!

Comments (2)