SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

Thinking about a loft bed for guest bedroom.

Aims
2 years ago

Our guest bedrooms are rather small, but this is our forever home and we aren't having any children. I have a queen bed in this room and there isn't a lot of floor space. I was thinking about adding a loft bed over the queen bed and reposition it in the corner where the desk and drawers are. The desk wouldn't fit perfectly in the corner by the window because of the mouldings, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Adding a loft means we could sleep another person with twin loft or two with a full loft in a pinch and repositioning the bed and furniture would give more floor space. The idea is in its infancy and it has been a little bit of a challenge finding a loft I like. Most of them have desks/built ins which wouldn't let the bed fit under there. Some of them have a combo of a loft with a bed that fits under it. I don't necessarily need the bed because I have a bedframe and headboard so that's an extra cost but, if I found one I liked with a bed, I would probably go for it. I loved what I saw on Adult Bunk Beds, but that's about 3x-4x the cost of what I would want to pay as I still have to get another mattress, bedding, etc. The drawers/desk have been in my family for decades and I was thinking about painting them to spruce them up a bit and get some new hardware.

The wall where the door is is 7 feet 9 inches from the corner where the drawers/desk is to the door frame. The wall where the window is is over 8 feet from the corner to the window. Our ceilings are 8 feet and move up 9 feet.

Just looking for some guidance and ideas.

Comments (8)