SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

Requsting no gifts at 1 yr. old bday is it ok to ask guests to...

polly929
13 years ago

make a donation to a charity instead? (sorry couldn't fit it all in the subject line)

My son is turning 1 next month. He is our 3rd child, and we are having a rather large backyard party to celebrate, with our rather large family. We have plenty of toys and clothes for him, and can easily provide anything he may need ourselves.

An aquaintance of ours has a son who is battling neuroblastoma. His mom started an organization to raise funds for research to try and find a cure for this nasty, aggressive pediatric cancer. After being in remission, the little guy is now battling a recurrence. I just can't get him out of my head.

Is it tacky to ask for donations to their organization instead of gifts for my son at his birthday party? He is turning 1, he is not even aware of the gifts, and like I said, my husband and I can provide him with anything he needs. I am just so grateful that my children are healthy, and anytime I think of what these children fighting cancer go through it brings me to tears. I can't imagine what these families must face everyday. I feel like they really need the help, and we really don't need a thing for our son.

Thoughts?

Comments (79)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012