SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myfampg

3 1/2 yr old and daycare

myfampg
13 years ago

My 3 yr old has been in childcare since 8 wks old so we aren't new to the childcare setting by any means. However this age is new to me because my older daughter did not go to daycare, she went to mother's day out twice a week at this age and it was only 1/2 days. I'm curious if anyone deals with their child becoming resistant to daycare at this age.

The facility that my son goes to operates as a private preschool as most of the children that attend feed into the private Schools after kindergarten. This school is age 2 and they offer private kindergarten. It's an excellent school and my son is learning a lot. With the good there will always be some bad I know. I'm wondering if I should speak to the school or if my concerns are petty.

1. My son comes home every day extremely dirty. His face is covered with dirt plus snot, lunch, maybe breakfast and just about everything in between. I went once at nap and noticed that he was drooling onto his dirt covered face which was turning in to mud. They told me he fell asleep before they could wipe him down. If he were at home, I still would have washed his face while sleeping.

2. I am rarely acknowledged by anyone when I walk in the school. Some teachers will look at me but they don't smile or say hello. And they do not greet my son either. I think if someone would speak to him, he might feel more welcome and would not be so clingy at drop off.

3. The teachers tell me he is such a sweetheart and they love him and he is always good but he always tells us he goes to timeout or ge got into Trouble. When I ask, they say he is never in trouble. ??

4. He takes almost a 3 hr nap and refuses to sleep at night. When I told the school to cut back on his nap they said they couldn't because of state standards. However I read the standards and it says he only has to lay down for 2 hrs no more than 3. But since he sleeps the entire time the school won't wake him up until they 'have' to. I really dislike this rule.

So... What should I do??

Comments (6)

Sponsored