SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katsmah

help needed with desk dilemma

katsmah
16 years ago

I purchased a large oak home office desk from an out of state store who also has an ebay site. The feedback on the store's site is excellent. I will be the person who changes that.

The desk and hutch arrived on Wednesday after waiting almost 10 weeks for it. It was supposed to be stained a dark oak to match the rest of my furniture in the room, but instead it is stained a light golden oak. I called the store immediately and told them the desk was stained the wrong color. They didn't believe me so I took pictures and emailed them. Inspite of having multiple emails throughout this process, the store owner has decided that its my fault that the desk is stained incorrectly. We had a misunderstanding about shipping costs and now this is how he has decided to get even. I have called the store and my calls are not being returned, but in turn I get nasty emails.

So, now I have a nice desk and hutch that is a perfect fit for the room, except in the wrong color. I stand to loose about $400 in shipping costs to send it back, which I will then need to try to get via small claims court. The only other option I can see is to get someone local to refinish the desk and hutch in the stain I would like.

Any ideas how much having someone pickup, strip and stain a large desk/hutch would be?

Comments (2)