SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mystic47

Dilemma in my Den - Need Help

mystic47
13 years ago

Hi and thanks in advance for any help/suggestions as all are welcome.

A little background - this is a second house and probably the last one we will purchase in Florida - live up north and we are snowbirds. Don't want to put a fortune into it since it's our second home

I have this extra room and wanted it to be a den for me and a reading area for hubby - comfy chair and good light etc. What is in the room now is newly purchased so it stays - the window treatment has to stay for now since it's facing the front of the house and matches other windows. I need bookcases since I have many book but the size/shape of the room is driving me nuts. The room is 13x12 and it has french doors opening to the living room area. There is a closet in the room which is filled with office supplies, filing etc. I know I need to change the curtains on the door but leaving that for last. Need help with that too. Had a bookcase in here (just one) but it was too dark - having trouble matching the wood and the one looked so wrong.

I need suggestions - was thinking of bookcases next to the window on both sides...pull the reading chair down and put an end table and lamp to the left of it? But..the room still looks awkward. Here are so pics of what we are working with...again ...many thanks in advance

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022