SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tnizzle

Restoration Hardware (Maxwell Sofa)

tnizzle
17 years ago

Im looking to buy a new sofa/love seat/chaise (2 of the 3) and I love the look of the Maxwell leather sofa from RH but can't afford to pay 9-12K price tag.

This past weekend I was at Macy's in San Fran and came across a LeatherTrend (sp?) sofa that looked incredibly similar to RH's distressed Maxwell sofa. The total price for the sofa and love seat was $3600 (after 10% off for sale) excluding tax and/or shipping. $3600 is doable however, when I asked about shipping I was told it would cost $700 (or more) to ship the two pieces to my home in Arkansas.

The sales rep said LeatherTrend makes furniture exclusively for Macy's which contradicts a few other sites that claim to carry the line.

So my questions are as follows...

1)Does Leathertrend make this line exclusively for Macy's?

2)If not, what other stores carry the line and where is the cheapest place to get it?

3)What other companies make furniture similar to RH's Maxwell line (i.e., clean lines, down cushions,etc)?

My fiance and I also like the look of Pottery Barn's Manhattan collection but I have not been able sit in the furniture and test it out. I also think the price is a bit much ($3K for just the sofa).

Im all about comfort and my fiance is all about looks. I just want a sofa that has clean lines (not overly modern), down cushions and lasts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (18)