SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Easy toppings for plain cheesecake?

I need ideas.... I'm stumped!

I used to bake some wonderful dessert every year for Valentine's day. My kids got into it, so it was worthwhile. Now it's just my husband and me at home, and he is not a big dessert person. He'll eat one piece of something, but the rest of whatever will go to waste (well, not really, because I'll eat it! But I lost 25 pounds in the last year, and should avoid the temptation. ).

This year I'm not going to make a big production out of it. I have sliced plain cheesecake in the freezer already, so I can just defrost two slices. But I'd like to at least dress it up. Ideas? I went to the store hoping to buy frozen raspberries, but they were $6 for a tiny package. He will ask how much I spent, too. (The kids' college tuition has us spending twice as much as we make this year and last, and into the foreseeable future). Our stores here are very expensive unless it's a loss leader. Canned pie cherries, $4 a can. Arghhhh.

It there something I can do that is not too sweet?

I have all sorts of nuts. I'd think praline, but that would be too sweet for him. I have frozen blueberries. I have all kinds of chocolate, but it would have to (again!) be something not too sweet. I have lemon juice. He does love lemon, but I'm not coming up with an idea that goes with cheescake.

I am just not coming up with a good idea here.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (5)