SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsb_22

Am I being too picky

dsb_22
17 years ago

A few months ago we purchased an occasional chair for $695 from a local retailer. The first chair arrived with a loose arm and defects in the finish and upholstery that couldn't be corrected by the retailer's technicians. So they exchanged the chair. The replacement arrived early last week. Over the weekend, I realized that light was reflecting unevenly off the seat edge. Upon closer examination, I realized that the seat corner was higher on the left side and that the left corner seam was longer than the right (2 1/4" vs 1 1/4"). Pics are here:

I called the retailer and was directed to their warranty person. I emailed her with the pics and her response is, "To be honest with you, its really hard to see the issue on the pictures. Although, we do have 1 chair in stock with the same fabric. I can either allocate the chair for you now (hopefully by the time you e-mail me back, it will still be available) or if you want to come to our whs and inspect it before delivery, or I would have to send these pictures to the vendor to see what they would like to do."

I suspect that the chair they have in stock is the first one we received, although if she says not I'll be happy to go look at it. But am I'm being too picky? Is this sort of asymmetry normal and acceptable?

Comments (8)