SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Now I need a travel wardrobe...

Annie Deighnaugh
10 years ago

Well, what to wear to the wedding has been solved.

We're not going.

For those of you who haven't seen the other thread, we recently lost our cat who, due to his health issues, was preventing us from traveling.

This year is our 35th wedding anniversary and we've been wanting to river cruise the Danube for years. So now we have our opportunity. But of course, booking so late, we almost didn't make it. There was one....one...room open on all the trips all this year. We leave the day before the wedding.

Can you imagine how the universe is playing with me? The only day for the entire rest of the year I had booked was that wedding. The only trip available starts the day of the wedding. After all the work I did on the bride's veil, I won't be there to see her wear it down the aisle. I'm so disappointed. I talked to the bride last night and she understood...she's such a sweetie. So we agreed that after the wedding we'll get together so she can show me wedding and honeymoon pics and I can show her our vacation pics.

I would push the trip off to next year, but DH and I are of the age and experience that you don't wait for such things as you never know....I mean you just never know.

So now I need a packable wardrobe for Eastern Europe in July....hot I know, but it will be early July if that helps. And with the way the weather patterns are changing, I mean who knows? We may get lucky.

Any suggestions on what to wear in Europe would be most appreciated!

Comments (49)