SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purpleinopp

Traveling, not funny at the time, but now...

I chuckle when I recall the time my Mom & I got lost in Italy while my Dad & brother were asleep in the back seat. They woke up because we were laughing so hard about it, on a dirt road, waiting for a flock of sheep to cross, kind of wrestling with the map with the disagreement about which way should be "up".

A few days later, in Belgium, we went in a restaurant and it felt like lunch time to me, but the other 3 family members said they just wanted something to drink and a light snack. Using a translation book, hand gestures, and sound effects, I tried to order a plate of chicken, and thought it went well but wasn't confident if I had made the dark meat part clear but was hungry enough to eat white. Almost an hour later, the extremely nice lady brought us FOUR WHOLE CHICKENS! Then she tried to tie a bib on my very ticked off Dad.

The trip to Disney in Orlando in February when there were record-breaking low temps (below freezing) they 2 days we were there.

Same thing happened in mid-Oct of '08 in Tampa, high of 55!!

Going to Baltimore for a wedding the same day as hurricane Isabel and our hotel having no hot water or electricity. We had other options to pursue, but the electric workers who had been brought in from other states were stuck there for the night. Unfortunate irony.

At the beach in NC with a friend one time, cleaning up the kitchen. Found one more dish to put in the dishwasher and, although it was already running, I opened it to add that plate. Never knew there was such a thing as a dishwasher that does NOT stop when you open the door, but this rental house had one! In the split second it took to open it and yell Oh S*** and slam it shut, the entire kitchen and both of us were completely soaked! The ceiling, cabinets, counters, table, chairs, floor - all dripping wet. Much more water than could have possibly been in the dishwasher. I swear it happened to explode right when I happened to open the door. It took every towel we could find and half an hour to dry everything off, but man, we left that kitchen CLEAN!

What has happened to you out there that you now laugh about?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions