SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greekshambo

Ideas for a baby shower/tea party

shambo
11 years ago

Next Saturday I'm hosting a family shower/party for my daughter & her newborn baby girl. Some relatives live out-of-state, so everyone decided to wait until after the birth to plan a get-together. My daughter-in-law is in charge of bringing an assortment of teas and preparing a fruit tart for dessert. I'm providing most of the other food. (I also am providing the plates, cups, & flatware and cleaning the house inside & out in preparation for the big event.) Altogether there will be 9 women and 2 school-age children.

This is what I've come up with so far. I think the menu is OK as it stands, but I'm not adverse to adding more items. At this point, I'd only want to add things that are either super easy to prepare or that I can purchase ready-made. I'm relatively close to a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and Costco. My local supermarkets are very good too. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Here is what I'm gearing up to prepare:

*Trader Joe's mini croissants filled with chicken salad with toasted almond slivers & dried cherries (Inspired by wizardnm)

*Trader Joe's mushroom turnovers

*Cucumber & cream cheese finger sandwiches

*Fillo cups filled with shrimp & dill salad

*Ribbon sandwiches with ham salad & pimento cheese spread (Cindy Mac's recipe)

*Brie squares on crackers dressed with apple/garlic/jalapeno jam

*Artichoke nibbles (Jkom's recipe)

*Cranberry/orange scones (Ann T's recipe) with Devon cream subsitute (Joy of Baking recipe)

*Petit fours (Local grocer has them on sale, so I thought I'd give them a try.)

This post was edited by shambo on Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 19:55

Comments (15)