SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Dog owners...question about fungal issues in ears

neetsiepie
13 years ago

My two labs have fungal problems with their ears. I guess it's pretty common in floppy earred dogs. Max had it bad when I adopted him, but we slowly got it down to a mild roar in just one ear. Now it's back in both ears, but worse in the right...I just can't seem to get rid of it in his left ear.

Now Zelda has a small one in her right ear. We were at the vet today and she said it could be allergies to their food and they sold DH a bag of Science Diet.

Our dogs are on a diet of super premium chicken & rice kibbles, no corn in the food at all. It's got a lot of veggies in it, too, and they've thrived on it for years. I'm not so sure it's food related, because Z is just recently having this ear problem and Max had it before we got him.

I clean their ears every day, and I use an otic solution that contains boric acid about once a week.

Anyone else with this problem and any suggestions? I really don't want to change out their diet if I can help it. The food we feed them is the only one our senior dog can tolerate, and I can't feed them seperately.

Comments (10)