SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

getting that last little bit, what do you do?

vacuumfreak
16 years ago

Hello there. This morning as I was finishing the last bit of ranch dressing on my turkey wrap, I started wondering! When you are down to that last little bit of ketchup, barbeque sauce, dressing, or marinade, what do you do? Do you tip the bottle upside down, smack the daylights out of it, add water and shake it up, or just throw whatever is stuck to the walls of the bottle in the in the garbage? I usually get frustrated and throw the bottle away with a good bit still clinging to the inside walls. Sometimes, with honey, I will add hot water in an effort to get it all out. With spaghetti sauce, I add a little water and shake it all about. With bottled condiments, I just throw it away. When I'm getting low on something, I usually tip the bottle up on end and wedge it in the door of the refrigerator so that most of it falls down and more of it is useable. The other day, I was making brownies and I quite a lot of trouble getting all the batter into the pan. I used the rubber scraper to get it out of the mixer bowl. Then I used a wooden spoon to get more of the battter off the scraper... the batter stuck to the spoon, so I used the scraper to clean the spoon, and then had to use the spoon to clean the scraper, then the scraper to clean the spoon. I continued until I couldn't handle it anymore. Then I gave them each a good lick and threw them in the dishwasher. Maybe I should buy another rubber scraper since I only have one!

I hate wasting, but sometimes the effort to use all of something just isn't worth it!

What, if anything do you go to "get it all"?

Comments (19)