SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fourkids4us

Speaking of wardrobe malfunction...

fourkids4us
11 years ago

The woman who started the store White House, Black Market is the mother of a boy who plays sports with my 10 y/o. I don't really know her, just have met her a couple of times on the sidelines, but several of my friends are friends with her - nice woman.

So Saturday afternoon, ds has a lacrosse game. My parents came and were sitting on a bench on the sidelines when I got there so I went over and sat down next to my mother. This woman is sitting on the other side of my mom. I hadn't paid any attention to her outfit until I heard someone say, "Nice pants." It was one of her friends, whose son is also on the them. She then, jokingly, responds, "You're the second person to make fun of my pants. I'm in fashion, so I should look the part or people won't take me seriously." She didn't say it in a snotty way or anything, she was just kidding around. I glanced at what she was wearing and she had some sort of silky looking pants with a funky print, along with a kind of cabled sweater and jean jacket, and some cool boots. I could NEVER have pulled off the look.

I then glance down at my nondescript Born clogs, jeans, and Northface ski jacket (covering, thankfully, my boring sweater). I never felt so unstylish as I did right then! Of course, I "fit in" with everyone else, also wearing either jeans or sports/gym type outfits, but yeah, not fashion conscious at all. I wanted to slink away into anonymity at that moment. :)

Comments (2)