SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rubyclaire1

Speaking of style...I need some inspiration.

rubyclaire
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I've been retired now about six weeks and I feel I have depleted my casual looks - not counting the days I spent in "loungewear" (aka pj's).

For bottoms, in heavy rotation are denim in a variety of dark and medium shades - skinny, straight and bootcut. And because I live in Florida, I have even broken out my white jeans. Other than that, I have some legging type pants in olive green and black that have made the occaisonal appearance.

For tops, I have worn cashmere v-necks on colder days and a variety of button-downs in denim, white, black, etc. on warmer days. And a couple of times, a tee shirt and black blazer with one of the bottoms.

I think I may be in a rut. While I have always liked classic uniform dressing, I feel I need some inspiration to expand my casual wardrobe - especially my tops since I am now wearing these styles daily instead of just on the weekends. I'm petite and busty so tops are always a challenge. My default is v-necks and button-downs but I may have hit the saturation point with those.

Any ideas to tweak my wardrobe? Favorite finds?

Comments (19)