SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Did I break my foot?

Oakley
13 years ago

Yeah I know, silly question but hear me out.

I'm asking this because years ago a friend of mine (she's moved) missed the last rung on a ladder stepping down, and it hurt but she was able to walk on it. A few days later the swelling didn't go away so she went to the doctor and it was broken.

I looked on the Internet and it said we can break a foot and not know it, but it needs to be dealt with.

Sunday I was planting flowers and fell 3 feet face down off the porch in mud. I had caked mud on my chest, stomach, elbows, forearms and shins. To give you an idea how I landed. lol. I think I was bending over at the edge of the porch and lost my footing. I also skinned the the bottom of my shin.

After I got up, I wasn't really hurting and thought how lucky I was. I hosed off (it was that bad!) then took a shower.

After my shower I noticed my foot had a very large swelling where the leg meets the ankle, in front. I showed my dh and he said "wow!" so we iced it.

A few hours later I looked down and on top of my foot an inch or so away from the original swelling, is another huge area that's swollen, and also bruised.

It hurts real bad when I press on the top of my foot, but it barely hurts when I walk.

It can't be a sprained ankle, those things are PAINFUL.

Foot DOES hurt when I bend it straight out.

I can't walk normal because of the funny feeling from the swelling. I can't even put a shoe on the left foot either because of the swelling.

Have any of you broke a foot before and do you think I should wait a few days to decide if I need it x-rayed?

I'm in no pain.

Comments (22)