SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chapel_hill_yankee

Relative quality of Vanguard vs Hickory White Upholstery?

chapel_hill_yankee
17 years ago

We are looking to buy a new sofa/chair or sectional, and I have been looking into options from Vanguard and Hickory White. Can anyone tell me about the relative quality of these two manufacturers? Also, Vanguard has a line called "American Bungalow Collection" offered at a special price point; is this at the same level of quality as their other upholstery offerings or did they cut corners for this collection? We are looking for upper-middle quality at a good value, i.e., a "best buy". Any suggestions?

I live about an hour from High Point so have been there to look, and so far I have been disappointed with the quality I have seen from manufacturers like Highland House and even their parent Century. The frames made bumps from under the fabric and the seams didn't appear straight. Some of the arms were separating from the sofa when you put pressure on them. I currently have a CR Laine sofa I bought in 1994 that is still in great condition, but I don't know if their quality is the same in 2007.

Finally, anyone have any thoughts on Cisco Brothers? A designer recommended them to me, but I haven't seen their product in person. I'm not sure it's worth ordering something made in CA when I live right here in NC.

Comment (1)