SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
writersblock_gw

quality of ballard or PB sofas?

I'm wrestling with an upholstery dilemma. I have a small sofa that badly needs reupholstering, but it's currently suffering from the results of the absolutely horrible mess made of it the last time I had it done, about 6 years ago. They didn't do any of the things that really needed doing, like fixing the springs, but they did replace the decent old cushions with cheap foam ones, and the fabric is also just about done.

To get it done right would probably cost me at least $1500, since I think the only part of the existing sofa that could be reused at this point would be the frame. If I could find fabric I really loved, I'd do that, but I had my heart set on a fabric that is gone forever.

In the meantime I've been using a white twill slipcover and while it's a very different look, it works okay, so I'm wondering if I wouldn't be just as well off getting one of the slipcovered sofas from Ballard or Pottery Barn, which would be close in price.

Does anyone have any experience with sofas from either company? I could also just do serial ikea ektorps, but the quality of those is even lower now than it used to be, so I'd as soon get something halfway decent and be done with it.

Comments (25)