SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yborgal

entertaining and alchohol

12 years ago

I have a problem and need advice. We have 7 employees in our office...4 females;3 males and all married. One of the ladies is leaving after working here for 7 years. We would like to do something for her, such as dinner out with all of the couples or have everyone over to our home for dinner.

The problem is that while they are wonderful employees, they do enjoy their drinks. The last time we took them all out for dinner, the bar tab was out of sight. I guess since they thought it was free, they just kept ordering drinks and wine. We haven't done that again the past 5 years.

The fact that they'd be here wouldn't stop them from drinking...they never get drunk, but a couple of the husbands tend to get real friendly and mellow, and frankly it makes me feel uncomfortable especially since I don't drink and my DH only has 1 glass of wine during an evening like this.

I really am not that comfortable having them here, so I'd prefer to take them out for that evening.

Is there any way to go to a restaurant and limit them to 2 free drinks without seeming to be devoid of any class whatsoever? 14 people ordering unlimited drinks could break the bank that night.

Is there any way to curb the drinking?

Or if you think I'm being silly, just say so.

Mona

Comments (25)