SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Pet peeve

2ajsmama
14 years ago

OK, I know it's petty, but I'm in my monthly "mood". So just just have to vent. I want to eat ripe fruit! I never get to eat ripe fruit around this house. DH likes all stone fruits (and things like pears, which is what set me off) hard, so they crunch, almost like apples (don't get me started on listening to him eat an apple). So he eats all the fruit before I get a chance to have more than one piece, or if I buy a lot at a time, it gets so soft *nobody* will eat the last few pieces and they get wasted, attract fruit flies, and end up as expensive compost.

I bought 6 pears (I forget what day) and 3 lbs of apples at the end of last week, then on Tuesday I bought a lot of ripe (but not squishy) bananas and 2 different kinds of grapes, over a lb of each, so there was a lot of fruit in this house this week. DS likes apples and red grapes but not green grapes, bananas or pears. DH will eat anything, DD will only eat grapes, I really don't care for bananas. The pears were too hard for me, I had one a couple days ago and wished I had waited. DH ate 3 over the past few days. I had one yesterday, it was perfect (I like to have to slurp with each bite to keep the juice from running down my chin, yes, DH hates to hear me eat fruit too LOL), there was one left, I figured that would be ready today. DH took it for lunch (DS got the last apple)!

Oh well, at least he's heading off on a business trip next week so maybe I can buy some more pears *and eat them when they're ripe!* Until then, grapes will have to do.

OK, vent over - anybody else want to share their secret petty little pet peeve?

Comments (26)