SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
althetrainer

Lots of coconut meat, any suggestions?

althetrainer
14 years ago

I bought three mature coconuts from the store. Yea, I know... what was I thinking?! But I missed eating coconut. LOL

Cracked one and drank the juice; had a lot of coconut meat left. Used part of the meat to make coconut-apple muffins yesterday. Gave most of them away and saved a few for hubby and little man for dessert. Today, I still have 2/3 of the coconut meat left. Once the meat is out it doesn't have a very long shelf life, even in the fridge.

I don't want to make the traditional Pani Popo. They are too fattening and I have very little will power to resist them. I could add some into my sourdough bread today but I don't need much for that. Did an online search and found most people use freshly grated coconut meat for coconut layer cakes. That's pretty much eating coconut meat with a bit of cake, not too thrilled with the idea.

I have tried coconut in a salad but hubby and little man were not too impressed with it. The other idea I have is to put the coconut meat in with some curry chicken in the crock pot. But... I still have two more mature coconuts sitting in my kitchen. That's a heck lot of coconut meat once they are cracked. Any suggestions on how to use them up, in a less fattening way?! Thanks in advance!

Al

Comments (13)