SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runninginplace

Pain in the Rear

runninginplace
11 years ago

Literally!!!

I woke up during the night a week ago with a sharp pain in my right buttock area. And, it has not only not gone away it's gotten worse through the week. I am in severe and constant pain that seems to be centered there. I can hardly stand to drive a car because the pain is so severe when sitting. I can't bend over or stretch my right leg because it is agony. Trying to work has been tough; sitting just hurts so bad. I made it through the week at work and have one more major event tonight to manage, a banquet for 200. But the only thing that makes it less agonizing is lying on my left side with the right leg supported. Otherwise, any and every movement is just excruciating.

I have never had anything like this, am puzzled and frankly worried about what's going on. I didn't do anything specific that would have caused it that I know of. I've been taking OTC pain relievers. Tylenol helps just a bit, but not that much. Tried one of those BenGay pain relief patches yesterday but no relief either.

I have an appt with my GP tomorrow but if anybody has any suggestions or ideas, they are most welcome. I can't imagine living with this pain long term but now I'm really worried that after a week it isn't any better.

Comments (25)