SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fenworth

My birthday present - how cool is this?!

fenworth
16 years ago

Last night was my family's combined celebration for my sister's and my birthdays. Her gift to me - a 25 hour course at the Institute of Culinary Education. The course is Fine Cooking 1:

These are the classes on which our recreational programÂs reputation was built. Over 15,000 students have taken this series. Once you master essential cooking techniques, you possess the culinary grounding to cook both classical cuisines and the latest cooking styles. These full-participation classes teach fundamental skills, not recipes. Instead of narrowly focusing on a roast duckling recipe, for example, youÂll master roasting techniques that can be applied to foods from fish to fruit. The curriculum was designed under the guidance of Director of Education Richard Simpson. YouÂll learn all the important cooking methods, from simple grilling to mousse making. As you advance through the series, youÂll gradually come to understand each cooking concept. YouÂll have a firm grasp of ingredients and equipment; youÂll know why things happen and how to avoid and correct mistakes. Most importantly, youÂll gain the experience you need to cook with confidence and pleasure---without relying strictly on recipes. Each class culminates with a student-prepared meal. Each course consists of five five-hour classes.

I'm so psyched!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fine Cooking 1

Comments (21)