SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igloochic

Elite customer status?

igloochic
13 years ago

So I'm checking out of Safeway this morning...purchasing my usual, coffee, wine and baby formula (we're "that kind" of family) when I was accosted by the manager...accosted!! (He's a lovely guy really). Anyhoo, he asks if he can talk to me while carrying an odd looking envelope in his hand.

The girl who spent a lot of time in the principals office worries she's been caught...doing what I don't know, but still, that early ingraining sticks with a sneaky brat like myself...and the haggard mom thinks "what the hell is he trying to sell me now" as I debate answering his question "can I talk to you for a moment" for about a moment before the polite lady in me smiles and says yes (sure I know I'm gonna have to buy a ticket or something....but he's a local and he's nice).

Anyhoo, he tells me I'm one of their elite level clients and am now eligible for "special" benefits, cash back, 10 cents off of fuel, the ability to purchase a five dollar chicken on not only Friday, but Saturday and Sunday as well (I've never known they had five dollar chickens but that's another issue) blah blah blah including his personal number to call should I ever have a need to discuss product lines etc (as a side question, should I call at 2 am and ask if he's see that the formula I buy is stocked at eye level verses being literally glued to the floor? Or is that too much to ask at 2 am?) Ummm where was I?

OK ummmm nice...I'm elite...what does this mean? I SPEND TOO MUCH AT SAFEWAY!!!!! This is not a badge of honor! This is not something I want to share with my DH! This probably stems from the fact that my five year old is still on the bottom shelf formula ($15 bucks a day ladies...ouch) and I do buy it at Safeway all of the time....

Anyhoo, I've been watching too much "Housewives" where they brag about their black AMEX card.....I'm a Safeway Elite Shopper (eyes rolling) would this get me an episode? LOL holy cow I'm gonna refrain from shopping for one week! Just to prove them wrong heh heh

Any other idiots in the club? If not...want Bob's number? Or do you have a great reason to call him at 3 or 4 am I should use? LOL

I was dying of laughter when I left and just wanted to share it with someone who'd laugh along heh heh Diapers and formula...e gads the glamor of the elite life is almost too much to take!!!!

Comments (22)