Hula hoop or sport hoop, do you have one?

JoAnn_Fla

Do you use it and does it help with losing or firming? I'm thinking about trying one. What do you think?

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JoAnn_Fla

I just got my hoop today, I like it!! Its 3 lbs and I can tell I had a workout in just 3 min. Hopefully the inches will drop off. I'll let ya know.
here's what it looks like

Save    
JoAnn_Fla

link below

Here is a link that might be useful: hoop

Save    
terezosa / terriks

Oh Yes! I discovered hooping in March and in one month lost one inch off my waist. Using the hoop has completely reshaped my midsection. In fact I won a "fat to fit" contest at my gym, which was based on percentage of body fat lost. I only lost 10 lbs, but went from 28.9% to 19.1% body fat. I posted about hooping several times on the Home Decorating forum (Conversations side). I have several hoops now, but started with the 3 lb Acu hoop like the one pictured above. My most recent hoop is the travel hoop from Hoopnotica.com. I also got a couple of videos from them. If you buy from Hoopnotica use this code for a discount - TS0926. I can't say enough good things about hooping. It is a fun way to exercise that I can do at home while watching TV. I find it very enjoyable. I am 52 years old and wore a bikini on my last vacation to Mexico.

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorating forum thread

Save    
JoAnn_Fla

Terriks,
The hoops at hoopnotica look very light weight are the? Do you like them better then the sport hoop? Do you have a routine or just hoop like when we were kids? Thanks.

Save    
terezosa / terriks

The Hoopnotica hoops are lighter than the Sports hoops, which may make them a little harder for a beginner to use, but would be less likely to cause bruising. (I did get a small bruise my first week or so of using the sport hoop) I wanted to learn to do more than just waist hooping, so I needed a lighter weight, non "wavy" hoop. And contrary to other types of exercise a lighter hoop actually gives you a better workout, since you need to work harder to keep it going. The larger, heavier hoops create momentum, making them easier for hooping. The Hoopnotica instructional DVDs are great for learning the basics and more. I still mostly just waist hoop, but am working on some hoop dance moves. I like to wear wrist weights while I hoop to tone my arms up. A couple of times a week I break up my hooping with weight lifting. I usually hoop during a TV show and lift weights during the commercials.

Save    

Related Stories

Backyard Ideas Be a Good Sport: Build a Backyard Basketball Court
With March Madness in the air, be the coolest parent ever or live out your own hoop dreams with a slammin' basketball court
Full Story
My Houzz My Houzz: Elegant Mediterranean With Room to Roam
A 1-acre home in Southern California gives a sports-minded family a place to swim, play hockey and basketball, entertain and enjoy the view
Full Story
Contemporary Homes My Houzz: A Basic Builder Home Gets the Glam Treatment
From blank canvas to decorated beauty, this home in Massachusetts changed a family's life in more ways than one
Full Story
Decorating Guides Amp Up Your Room With Colorful Lampshades
Make a big impact minus the big cash fork-over by swapping white shades for ones in headier colors
Full Story
Pets Designed for Dogs: 5 Fantastic Dog Parks Across the U.S.
Let your favorite pooch run wild at one of these specially designed public spaces. Not close by? Learn how to start a dog park yourself
Full Story
Additions A Creative Studio Welcomes Family Projects
Spilled paint won’t cause lost tempers in this 450-square-foot addition made for art, music and learning
Full Story
Color Front and Center Color: When to Paint Your Door Blue
Who knew having the blues could be so fun? These 8 exterior color palettes celebrate sunny-day skies to electric nights
Full Story
DIY Projects 7 Kids’ Bedroom Decor Ideas That Won’t Break the Bank
Take an economical approach to decorating your child’s room with these DIY ideas
Full Story
At Bull Run Kitchen and Bath, we are dedicated to providing professional service and work hard to ensure that our... Read More
Residential construction specializing in kitchens & bathrooms. A complete service business covering everything... Read More