SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Slow cooker crock pot people pls step forward!

jterrilynn
12 years ago

I have been an empty nester for a few days now but I did promise the boys I would bring them soups or stews once or twice a month. I want to get them a slow cooker crock pot that I can transfer the goodies into. There are four people total sharing the house, three young men and a young lady. Most are working and going to school so lots of coming and going. I don't own a crock myself so I was surprised to find out that I couldn't get a 10 quart? When I went on Amaz@n to check out the 8 to 8 1/2 quarts most reviews on those complained they were not really 8 or 81/2 quarts but closer to 7 qts. The other complaints I read about is that many were not really considered slow cookers as the temp often reached a boil and many others were not programmable.

So, what's a momma with three sheet pans of freezing grits dumplings to do for big pots of soups and stews? Yes I know I could just buy a pot but I will have a better piece of mind knowing that a low temp food left "on" for close to two days as people are coming and going will maybe not burn the house down.

Comments (21)