SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosegarden3

Storage/playback device for music and movies

rosegarden3
12 years ago

I listen to music often, in my car and at home. I currently plug my phone(droid original)in to a radio in my kitchen or FM transmitter in my car and use that as my MP3 player. My phone contract is up for renewal soon and I was thinking of going with the new iphone 4s. My reasoning for this is there seems to be a million aftermarket products for the iproducts and they are all interchangeable. So when I get a new iphone again in two years the docking stations are the same. So therefor I can charge my iphone while I listen to music without having to have a phone charger everywhere I go. I need a new radio for my kitchen anyways so I would just get one that the iphone can connect to. I finally crossed over to blue ray about a year ago and now have an ever increasing number of digital copies of movies and don't know what to do with them. I'm not exactly tec savvy.

I'm looking for a set up where I can have my music and digital movies on one device that I can take anywhere. It would be nice to have a docking station for the iphone conected to my tv, a radio with a docking station incorporated in my kitchen, and a docking station for my bedroom. That way I could use my media anywhere.

Here is my confusion. How big of an iphone will I need? will the 64gb iphone hold about 200-300 songs and a dozen digital copies of movies plus what ever memory it needs to run and any apps I happen to get? Is there another device that would hold everything and work better? I have a large laptop that is a desktop replacement and it is not easily moved from place to place. I have also considered getting an ipad so I have something that is easier to take with me that would also replace my ereader. Would it be better to put the movies on the ipad? if so how big of an ipad should I get?

Thank you

Rose

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida