SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
criticalmass048

Is there a reputable roofer anymore?

criticalmass048
12 years ago

Our friend is selling her house, and three years ago, had a new roof put on. She couldn't find any documentation proving it was recently done, so tried contacting the roofer to get a copy. They were out of business.

On a lark, we tried calling our roofer. We had a roof put on 7 years ago by a company claiming to have been in business for three generations since 1912. It came with a 10 year warranty. Funny thing is, our roofer went out of business as well. There is now a "new" roofing company with the same address and phone number. They insist they are not affiliated with the old roofer, rendering our 10-year warranty worthless.

That was three months ago.

Of course, don't you know, during yesterday's freak snowstorm, the bedroom closet started leaking. Now I'm on a mission to find a reputable, honest roofer in the Philadelphia area.

I've checked some online reviews of a few of the "big names" in the area -- the ones you see all the time on the roads -- and while they're not all bad, there are too many bad reviews for my liking.

What can one do anymore? I'm open to suggestions. I understand advertising isn't allowed on this site, but I'd be willing to listen to either a referral (here or in email) or else point me to a place I can see a list of good roofers.

Thanks a lot!

Comments (14)