SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chanjul

Roofer damaged my new sink - how to "follow up"?

chanj
9 years ago

Hi all - need some help here on what can I do next:

What happened:
- two months ago, I installed a brand new $300+ Kohler sink in my bathroom (plus $160 for plumber labor). It is a "integrated" model where the vanity top and sink are one piece, all made of ceramic

- 3 weeks ago, my roofer came to replace a leaky skylight right on top of my bathroom. While they were trying to take off the old skylight, the whole thing shattered and all the glass came down - landing on my new vanity top + sink

- after a careful inspection, there are no major cracks on my vanity top / sink, but the vanity's rim has a lot of small nicks. The way I'd describe it is that instead of a two-month new sink, now I have a sink that have years of wear-and-tear on it. I've attached a pic showing a part of that.

- the roofer has come and looked at the damage. But he kept telling me "I can't see any damage, how can I claim this with my insurance?" Yes, like I mentioned above, there are no major cracks / big dents, but there are over 30+ little nicks spread over the rim. If I run my finger over the rim, I can definitely feel them, and can certainly see them if the light is right.

- so the roofer's visit was two weeks ago, and not having heard from him since the visit, I texted him 3 times, and left a message on his phone once last week trying to get a follow up from him on how to resolve this. I have not heard from him at all.

So now my question is - what can I do now?

I'll call him one more time monday/tuesday, but if he still doesn't respond, I have to assume he's brushing me off. If that's the case, what are my options on trying to get some compensation from him for my sink?

Thank you in advance for any advice / recommendation.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH