SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lydia1959

Maybe it IS your thyroid???

lydia1959
16 years ago

I've been struggling to lose weight for about 3 years now - after gaining back 35 pounds I had lost plus more. I've been on at least 10 different diets and just couldn't lose the weight. I've also been to doctor after doctor (endocrinologists, neurologists, ob-gyns, ect.) with the same long list of symptoms, which included the weight gain, fatigue, headaches, severe pms among others. Most of the doctors would run a TSH test which always came back normal, some would just give me a prescription for Prozac and send me on my way. As a last resort I went to one of the Top Thyroid docs (there is a website) and she ran the full panel of thyroid tests. My TSH was still normal, but my thyroid antibodies were way off! Hashimoto's thyroiditis is the most common thyroid disease and won't always show up on your TSH test. If you think you have hypothyroidism INSIST on a thyroid antibodies panel. I imagine I've had this disease for many years and it will take me a while to get back to normal - if I even remember what normal feels like. I may or may not lose the excess weight, but at least I know now there is a reason I have such a hard time losing it.

The link has a list of symptoms.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hypothyroid Symptoms

Comment (1)

Sponsored