SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
micke_gw

Home owners insurance question

micke
16 years ago

My husband was mowing the front yard a Month ago, while doing so the neighbors friend is sitting in his brand new sports car in their driveway, DH hit a rock and it flew 200 yards into this guys rear quarter panel leaving a dime size dent and scraped the paint in a tiny spot down to the metal. A girl was standing in the yard and starts screaming her head off at DH, he had already shut the mower down and was standing their with his mouth open in shock, he goes over and talks to the owner of the car, he just so happens to be a car painter, so he tells this guy he can fix the spot no problem. Well I have a problem with this when he comes in and tells me about it, we have insurance let them take care of it so we are not hassling with these people, so I go over to their house (they live a block over) and tell the guy I would prefer to go through insurance on this, they agree and get a quote (1,000.00 repair) they go to one bodyshop and refuse to get a quote from anyone else (they are buds with this shop) anyway we talk to our insurance people they say DH is not negligent and they are not going to pay, well we just got a letter from the guys car insurance Co. that says DH is negligent and should they issue any payment they are going to be looking to us for reimbursement, so does that mean we will have to pay out of our own pocket since our insurance Co. won't pay? We have been trying to get a hold of our guy but his wife has been ill. So what good is having insurance if they are not going to pay? I have been going out of my mind with worry over this. I figure they should of sent that letter to our Ins. Co. and not us. Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? I don't know if I should call the other guys Co. or not, but I don't want to do the wrong thing here. I just think our Co. should pay up, but is it possible they won't and that we will have to foot the bill here?

micke

Comments (17)