SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kim_gw

Moths in my food cupboards

Kim
22 years ago

I am so glad I found this site it has given me a lot of good info; We are having a BIG moth problem and they are all over my house they started in the kicthen and ventured out to the Living Room and now they are upstairs, I had a bag of walnuts that started they problem but that was 6 months ago, everyone says to throw away the food and go shopping daily but thats not possible I have 4 kids to feed and its costing me a fourtain to toss so much food but the only good thing is that at least food doesn't last long here. I had a extermantor here yesterday and he sat out traps that hang from the ceiling and have something in them that attracts the little pest The man says it will take about a month but it will work I can be patient they have been here so long already whats another month RIGHT...

They do not infest my food to much anymore but the extermantor says they can get attracted to lots of other things like oatmeal bath or even the dust on the walls...

I use to only see 2 or 3 aday flying around the house but since the traps have been up in just 8 hours there were at least 20 in each trap there are 2traps in my house 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs.So it seems to be working I never thought I had that many little buggers in my house and it is better then spraying all the time with all the babies...

The traps are called Allure and ask a extermantor about them only cost us about $50.00 for both traps. But I am going to try someother things too.. Good luck to everyone Happy Hunting for those little buggers... I forgot to tell you they are Indain Meal Moths and no they won't bother your clothes..

Comments (26)