SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mjsee_gw

Ice-maker leaked--OY!

mjsee
21 years ago

OK--NOW I know why we've never (willingly) had a refigerator with an icemaker. This one came with the house. I KNEW they were an accident waiting to happen! My husband walked into one of the rooms in his basement office today--to what looked like major water leak. The wall--the ceiling--luckily only minor computer equipment was under the wet spot--and it all belongs to the business he works for. In other words--no use calling our insurance agent. WHAT a MESS. We've pulled down the ceiling where the leak was--borrowed a wet/dry vac--and I'm renting a dehumidifier tomorrow.

We are reasonably certain that there is a problem with the icemaker. There was no water leaking around the plumbing TO the refrigerator (all visible once we pulled the ceiling down)--and a decent sized puddle UNDER the refirgerator. Too bad it STAYED under the refrigerator--the puddle Imean--if it had floowed OUT instead of DOWN I might have noticed it sooner. OR--if it had happended during the week DH would have noticed it. OY. I guess I call the appliance repair people tomorrow!

It could have been worse. DH leaves for CA tomorrow--and I never venture into his lair. Imagine the mess if we hadn't found it 'til NEXT weekend!

Melanie

ps--yes, we turned the water supply to the 'fridge off.

Comments (6)