SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
magnovo

Magnovox 27ms343s Child Safety Lock

magnovo
18 years ago

Can't turn on TV. None of the buttons work, but LED light is still on. Remote was broken a little while ago. Is there a way to turn off the child safety lock without a remote? Please help.

Tried to unplug for a couple of hours, didn't work.

Tried to press vol + & - together and channel + & -. Is there a way to do away with it? It's been a week already and really furstrating.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments (3)

• pee_wee
    18 years ago

Not likly "child lock". Try turning the set on at the front button. May take 15 pushes to get it on.

If this is the case, there is a "software" problem, which requires replacing IC002, which must match the MCU.

Child lock is addressed thru the on screen menu display, which means that the set must be ON.

Good luck,

pw

• magnovo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I tried doing that. Turning it on 15 times. It didn't work. The TV was working perfectly fine, up until the minute that I had the child safety lock on. So I doubt that there are any issues with the software.
    And how can you change the creen menu display when the power button is locked? Please help further.

• pee_wee
    18 years ago

Sorry, but I believe you have other issues with this set.

Look in the customer instruction book for information on the "child safety lock". I am not familiar with anything, other than the "on screen menu set-up".

pw