SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsd1957

Calling cops on neighbors works

mrsd1957
16 years ago

When we were coming over to clean and paint our "new" old house, we met 3 of the neighbors. Next door: elderly widow lady, loved that we were going to remove prickly bushes next to our driveway as they were a pain in the butt to mow next to. Back yard neighbor: couple few years older than us (50's) asked if they could put up a privacy fence. Directly across street: my gut reaction - drug dealer, cell phone calls, drive ups all while talking to us on sidewalk, and he bred pit-bulls that liked to get loose. We thought we were lucky, he moved out (renter) the week before we moved in.

The next tenants arrived: they moved in by shopping carts, and the screaming started. Middle age woman and teenage kids. Now before anyone jumps here, I've raised 4 kids, two of whom still live with me aged 17 & 18. I was president of the local Pop Warner - 200 kids aged 8 to 15. I don't mind rambunctious yelling once in awhile, but we're talking high pitch screaming here. My kids were raised that screaming was reserved for mayhem: bleeding, broken bones, fire, molestation.

These kids climb out on their porch roof and pretend to try and throw each other off. Throwing bottle rockets into the empty dog house. Jumping up and down on the abandoned car in their driveway. The daughter likes to fight (verbally and physically) with her boyfriend, screaming the F word continously.

One neighbor called the cops for the street swearing screaming match, and we all watched as the "mom" swore up and down that her kids weren't even home.

Monday morning at 5:45 my DH looks out front window to see 2 boys who don't live there squirting super soakers thru their living room windows thru the window fans. At 9 a.m. the screaming started. At 11 a.m. a scream ripped, I jump up to see if maybe one of the nimwits finally fell off the roof. 2 boys are setting something on fire on their curb and spraying an aerosol can at it - 3' flamethrower!!!

I called 911 - cops here in 3 minutes. Kids all disappeared, I invite the cops in and go thru everything that has happened. I told them when they go across to the house look at the scorch marks. I point to house, cop looks out my front door and sees the kids on the roof. The cops cross the street and knock. The "mom" answers the door, she was in the house the entire time and tries to tell them it wasn't her kids, they never stand on the roof, they don't play with fire, etc. Cop says - we saw them up there, the burn marks are right there. This is the 2nd complaint in one week. Things quieted down until yesterday when they decided to sit on the roof and scream thing down to people walking past. An elderly lady and her daughter took exception and called 911 from her cell phone.

Right now: she's under investigation with the foster care program and the landlord's under investigation for the property and abandoned car.

Comments (15)