SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deegw

Teacher problem advice

deegw
13 years ago

This is complicated so I will try to write the Reader's Digest version.

We are having trouble with one of my daughter's teachers. Earlier this school year my daughter talked excessively in class. The teacher contacted us but because of a glitch in the school email system we were never notified of the problem. The teacher never tried to contact us in any other manner - phone, personal email, note, report card notes, etc. We found out about the glitch AFTER we attended a conference about her schedule for next year.

The teacher was very hostile and sarcastic during the conference, especially towards my daughter. Despite not knowing what the hell was going on, my daughter, my husband and I were respectful towards the teacher. When we figured out what had happened the next day, we bent over backwards trying to be supportive.

Despite our efforts to improve the situation, the teacher continues to be surprisingly hostile, sarcastic and glib. We have never had an issue with a teacher that wasn't solved by a heart to heart to talk so we are at a loss as to what to do The weirdest thing about this is that my daughter has not been in trouble for talking since November and she has an A in the class.

We are hesitant to go the principal because we are afraid the teacher will be vindictive towards my daughter in class. We just get a really odd vibe from her. We have told my daughter not to say ONE WORD in the class and have decided to go the principal at the end of the year.

Any other ideas about what we can do?

Comments (19)