SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Surprise from sunny Florida...

annie1992
16 years ago

Michigan's weather is notoriously fickle, last week it was in the 60s with thunderstorms, tornados and flooding. This week it looks like this:

{{gwi:1482565}}

{{gwi:1482566}}

Anyway, as I was walking home from work admiring the snow, I found a box on my front porch. From Florida, it was an unfamiliar address, no name. I know I didn't order anything, but I dragged it inside. It was a surprise from Donna (lacksboys3)!!

I don't know how she knew that Michigan was cold, gray and snowy, but she packed up some Florida sunshine and sent it to me, in the form of oranges, tangerines, some orange blossom honey, key lime juice, a couple of "orange" balls for Bud and Makayla, orange bubble gum (which Ashley promptly appropriated, LOL) and chocolate gators.

{{gwi:1482567}}

She also sent me some of her favorite recipes for key lime pie and for honey granola, yummy. I love granola with yogurt over fresh fruit.

{{gwi:1482568}}

Amazingly, all the fruit got here intact and unharmed. One orange was a little "soft" on the stem end, so what could I do? I had to eat it promptly, before it spoiled, so I did.

{{gwi:1482569}}

Oh yes, it was as good as it looks, juicy, sweet, very "orange-y" and not at all like the pitiful styrofoam imposters we get here in Michigan that passes for oranges.

Thank you, Donna, so much. I'm going to take the chocolate gators and the balls to the Monkey Princess and Bruvver tomorrow, and I'll share some of the oranges too, but I'm keeping a couple, just for me.

Now, I'm off to remove my name from the HoneyBell white elephant thread. Since I got my citrus, someone else should be as lucky!

Annie

Comments (20)