SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
murphy81_gw

Motorcycle noise please HELP

murphy81
17 years ago

My quiet cul de sac has been around for 20 years. I have been here 5 years. My neighbor is a retired govt. employee who has a hobby of fixing engines in his garage. He tests the motorcycles all day long up and down the street. My neighbors are not ones to complain. I am of course a born complainer. That being said I think I have been more than fair. I have never once complained to my neighbor. I would like to remain in good with him standing.

But the motorcycles are driving me nuts. he fixes the engines and then he has 4 - 5 friends that come by and then they go riding. I thought it was my imagination that the noise was increasing until I took note of the fact that it's not just him it's his buddies riding by too.

My town has 3 bars which I guess are biker bars. I noticed the bikes are everywhere. And better yet my town cops are friends with the bikers themselves.

Do I have to pack up and move or is there some happy medium that could be reached? Any suggestions?

As soon as he starts up his bike the rumble is felt in my house and we all dread it because we know he is going to either ride by once or ride by multiple times testing his bikes.

I should also note there is about 1/2 and acre between my property and my neighbor's if not more. He rides harleys.

thanks for the advice,

murph

Comments (19)