SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cearab_gw

Fencing and neighbors

cearab
16 years ago

Recently there were postings regarding fencing and property lines. I just had a friend (neighbor) who moved a few blocks away. Their property has a bit of an odd shape. The survey revealed that 2 neighbors behind them have fencing built on my friends property. The next door neighbor (not a friendly couple), has part of their driveway built on my friends property. The surveyor did not put out flags when they did the survey (strange, huh). I mentioned the thread that had been on here and some of the problems that people have had. She is going to call the survey company to come back and put out the markers. She's not sure what to do about the situation with the next door neighbor and the driveway. The surveyor can't put a flag into the cement. And my friends are nervous about starting off on the wrong foot with new neighbors. But, they do realize that they need to make clear where the boundaries are.

I mentioned this also to my SIL yesterday while in her backyard. My brother (now deceased) fenced in about half their property. There is another 1/4 acre or so beyond their fence that SIL has no reason to go onto. However, she discovered that 2 neighbors have been discarding their lawn clippings and yard debris, she thinks, since my brother died. You really would not have wanted to mess with my brother! She told me she recently went back and the pile is huge. She had a landscaper go back to look at it and he said it would be very costly to remove this pile, and that the township would likely fine her if they discovered it. This, because it is a potential fire hazard and could self combust. She is not a confrontational sort, and is at a loss for what to do.

Having neighbors isn't easy is it!

Comments (18)